Getting married is not easy… But before that, dating and finding that perfect person takes a lot of luck and your precious time, not to mention that it is not an easy task too.
But after all the hard work and all – the time for you to settle comes in and finally you’ll be able to be happy — or not. The sad part of this is when you realized that the both of you and the relationship you have and your marriage won’t work.
Unfortunately, even couples with great intentions can end up in a divorce court. There are a number of reasons why people get divorced; the following are the most common.
Third Party or Extramarital Affairs
- Having an affair with the person you’re not married with is considered among the top reasons why couples break up or get divorced. However, there is an underlying reason that causes a spouse to cheat such as lying, lack of intimacy, incompatibility, etc.
- Sadly, abuse plays a big percentage why couples get into divorce. Consistent fighting, whether it is physical or verbal is not healthy for the both of you. Most people involved in this kind of marriage reach a breaking point and seek a divorce. Remember that this one calls for an immediate action. If you feel unsafe, remove yourself immediately.
- Accept it or not, lack of money can often cause problems for a married couple. A married couple under financial difficulties is often under a lot of argument and fighting. In this kind of situation, both parties are too stressed. Also, the kind of set-up where one of you has spending habits and one spouse has control over finances can also be the cause of a marital problem that may lead to a divorce.
- Whether it’s drug, alcohol, or gambling, it can ruin one’s life. Once your spouse’s addiction can’t control anymore, expect for the next worst scenarios. Once your spouse is addicted, he/she might take her/his job for granted and financial problems start to arise. If this thing happens and can’t resolve by communicating, you have to remove yourself immediately because an addict can exhibit behavior that is not acceptable in a marriage like lying, stealing, and betrayal of marital trust.
Lack of Communication
- We often heard that communication is the key to make a relationship work. Lack of communication can quickly damage your relationship. Whatever problems you may encounter, the both of you should settle things out by communicating with each other and not yelling and fighting. Hear each other out, that is the best thing to do.
No one gets into a married life with an intention of getting a divorce eventually. When you see problems, settle it immediately and don’t wait until they are beyond fixing. As the saying goes, a relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out, you do not go and buy a new house. You fix the light bulb.