When you go out on a date with someone, there is no guarantee that things will go out well. Of course, going out on a date is the best feeling, except when something undesirable happen.
Well, we have had our bad first date experience and some people are well prepared for it. If you don’t know what to do and you want to get out of a date without being obvious, here are a few simple tips to follow:
Text a Friend or Have Someone to Text You With an “Emergency” Excuse
- This might be a classic alibi, you just have to think and put some twist for this excuse. You could say that your friend might be stranded somewhere and you need to pick her up. Have a good imagination and you will be out on your bad date that instant.
Tell Your Date You’re Not Feeling Well
- Another classic excuse that really works. But of course, instead of faking a cough or a headache, just tell him you have your period cramps and announce that you are not feeling great and it is best that you go home.
Drop Hints That You’re Only Interested in Being Friends
- If you feel that there is no spark between the two of you, try to be honest. You can drop hints by saying “I’m glad we became friends” or “I consider you as one of my closest friends” something like. He will get the message with that.
Tell Your Date You Have Plans Later On
- If you feel things aren’t to go well, make it clear that you can’t stay for long. You can tell him that you have plans later that evening together with your friends or you have a family dinner. That way you have guaranteed out from the beginning.
- It is the most difficult way to get out of a bad date, but if you’re not feeling it just tell him your reason politely. You can say “you seem like a great person but I don’t think this will gonna work romantically”. The other person might be offended but ultimately it’s less rude of you to be honest about your true feelings.
Start Talking About Your Ex
- Keep talking about your ex and act as if you are getting a bit emotional. Regardless of what your date want to talk about, bring the conversation back to your ex and past relationship. Act as if you are not over your ex.
You’ll know in seconds that you are not interested, so before it gets worse, tell your date from the beginning that it will not going to work romantically. Live by the saying: Honesty is the best policy. 🙂