Men and women have different needs in life, including grooming and skin care. Just like women, men also need great skin care and grooming routine to have a clean and healthy skin.
Taking the best care of your skin isn’t just for girls. A man’s skin is different from girl’s skin. Men’s skin is much thicker, much tougher in texture, and more prone to acne. So why continue to use products that are not meant for men if you can find products specially made for you?
It’s not too late to start taking care of your skin and to have a good grooming routine. You can start by adding these simple steps to your everyday habit.
Men Need a Daily Skin Care Routine
Skin care isn’t the most popular subject for men, but you need to have a daily skincare regime. Why? Simply because a daily skincare routine has a lot of benefits:
- it will keep your skin firm, clear, and bright
- it will keep your skin clean, healthy-looking and smooth
- you will have fewer breakouts, dry spots, and oily area
You can get all those benefits and it is really possible when you use simple yet well-formulated skincare routine.
Pick the Right Product for Your Skin
Start by identifying what type of skin you have:
- Normal Skin Type – Not too dry and not too oily. This skin type has no or few imperfections, no severe sensitivity, barely visible pores, and with a radiant complexion.
- Combination Skin Type – This skin type can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others specifically on T-zones. It has pores that are larger than normal, shiny skin and prone to blackheads because the pores are more open.
- Dry Skin Type – This skin type has almost invisible pores, dull and rough complexion, with red patches, skin is less elastic, nd with more visible lines. This type of skin can also crack and peel, become itchy, inflamed, and irritated. For severe dryness, the skin can become rough and scaly.
- Oily Skin Type – This skin type has enlarged pores, dull or shiny, thick complexion, prone to blackheads, pimples and other blemishes. Take note that oiliness sometimes changes depending on the weather or other factors such as hormonal imbalances and stress.
- Sensitive Skin Type – This type of skin can have visible redness, itching, burning, and dryness. If you have this skin type, try to find out what might be the cause so you can avoid them. There are a lot of possible reasons, it may be on what you eat, your surroundings, or the product you are currently using.
There are many ways, products, and even home remedies to follow in taking care of your skin, depending on what skin type you have:
For Normal Skin Type:
- Clean your skin twice a day, morning and night using only a mild soap or cleanser with water.
- Pick a product (cleanser, toner, and moisturizer) that contains dimethicone, algae extract, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, and glycolic acid. These ingredients moisturize, smoothes, and softens skins without feeling oily and leaving your skin even-toned and brighter.
For Combination Skin Type:
- Use a toner, cleanser, and moisturizer often. Pick a product that contains gentle and mild ingredients. Avoid products with chemical additives or harsh ingredients.
- Stop using soaps for your facial skin as it dries up the skin and causes irritation.
- Exfoliate to get rid of blackheads, whiteheads, and dead skin cells.
For Dry Skin Type:
- Skip long, hot showers. Try to limit your shower or bath time 5 to 10 minutes under warm water. Hot water can strip skin’s natural oil leaving your skin dull and dry.
- Choose a gentle cleanser or shower gel with moisturizer. Go for unscented, soap-free cleansers. Avoid products with harsh chemical additives.
- Moisturize your skin while it is still moist. Pick a moisturizer that contains ceramides, dimethicone and glycerine, hyaluronic acid, lanolin, mineral oil, and petroleum jelly. This type of ingredients will help soothe dry skin.
For Oily Skin Type:
- Wash your face twice, morning and before bedtime. Don’t scrub your face and use a gentle cleanser. Look for products specially made for oily skin.
- For moisturizers, look for products that are water-based and oil-free. Avoid cream-based and heavy moisturizers.
- Use a blotting paper to remove oil build-up. If you are a tone fan, use it only on areas that are oily like your T-zone.
For Sensitive Skin Type:
- Drink lemon water daily to remove toxins from your blood, it will help keep the skin glowing and free from acne breakouts, blemishes, visible wrinkles, and other skin problems.
- Use a sunscreen all year-round to protect sensitive skin from harmful UV rays. It is important to choose a product which contains zinc oxide and titanium oxide. Avoid products with toxic ingredients as it may trigger allergic reactions on your sensitive skin.
- For your cleanser, moisturizer, soap and face mask, avoid using products with alcohol content, harsh exfoliants, coloring agents, synthetic fragrances, sodium lauryl sulfate, petrochemicals, and acids. This kind of ingredients can irritate your skin.
Shave, Shave and Shave!
Shaving is important to remove unwanted body hair to make you look clean, fresh, and presentable.
- Make sure to exfoliate before shaving. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells from your face and lifts your stubble.
- Use preshave oil if you did not shave for days.
- Pick an electric razor to shave hair away faster and to prevent/reduce nicks and cuts.
- Don’t forget your shaving cream if you will a manual razor.
Consistency is the key. Make grooming and skincare routine a habit and you will see positive results in no time.
Check out our home remedies for every skin type at www.punchskincare.com.