Learn how to manage time through proper prioritizing, organizing and scheduling. Here’s a quick time management tips from entrepreneur’s point of view. Want to improve your time management skills? Here are some of the tips you can practical use right away.
- Plan ahead. Have a clear idea of what you will need to do for the following days. This very important when you are in the business world. Have a list of meetings and conferences you need to attend. It is also important that you only have two to three major tasks each day. Having many appointments results in the feeling of being overwhelmed and exhausted.
- Once you have planned what you have and need to do, it is the time to prioritize all those tasks. Devote your entire focus to the task at hand. To make this easy, list down all the things you need to do for the given day and from that list pick the one you need to do first and if by chance your task for that day does not get completed transfer it onto the next day’s list.
- Make a realistic schedule using your to-do list as a base. It will also help you when you have a schedule for a day and for the whole a week with extra time for unscheduled events that may come your way.
- Avoid procrastinating, it is a bad habit. Stop carrying out less urgent tasks instead of more urgent ones. The only way to break a habit is to consistently act in other ways – so stop putting things off and just do it.
- Manage you emails and phone calls. You should stop answering your phone whenever it rings or make a reply to your email when it beeps unless it’s absolutely crucial in your business to offer an immediate human response. Schedule a time to return phone call and answer email.
- Put up a “Do not disturb” sign when you absolutely have to get work done. Avoid distractions like facebook and other forms social media unless you use these tools to generate business.
- Have a schedule time for interruptions or regular break. It can be exhausting for you to keep on working or doing the tasks without having a minute of break. Having a regular break will keep your mind fresh and you will be able to return to your work with a better focus.
- Track your daily activities and how much time it consumes. This will give you a realistic view of how you spend your time or how much time is wasted as well as what interruptions there are, and you might be surprised by how much time certain tasks actually take in ways you don’t even realise.
- It’s difficult to work in unorganized manner when everything around you is in chaos. Be organised and have a good system for filing emails, computer documents and papers. It will save you many valuable hours in the long run – so spend some time initially setting up your systems, and then you won’t have to worry about it. (Organization experts agree that the first step to increasing productivity is to clear and then organize your space.)
- It is not bad to say no sometimes. Remember, your time and resources are limited, so you can’t say yes to everything and accede to every request. You have to stick to what’s important and know when to just say, ‘No’
Discover many useful articles and valuable information about business, entrepreneurship and a lot more at this site.